We have got a busy and very exciting few months ahead of us, with many interesting topics.
Our topic for this half term is Earth and Space
Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce
Addition and subtraction
Multiplication and division
Rivers and the Amzon
Earth and Space
Step to the beat.
Striking and Fielding
A quick reminder about year 5:
- Please ensure that your child brings their school bag every day, including their reading diary and reading book. Reading books will be changed by your child when they have completed each book. We ask that all year 5 children read a little bit each night and this would be preferably to an adult. Please sign their reading diary for them each time they read.
Reading regularly has such a huge influence and will help them hugely with their writing.
- PE days will be usually be Mondays and Fridays. This is subject to change however, so please ensure that the children have their indoor and outdoor PE kit in school at all times.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday. Please can this be completed and returned by the following Wednesday at the latest so it can be checked. This is an important part of the learning process as it will be to consolidate what we have recently been learning, or may be foundation knowledge for an upcoming topic.
- Please can all children continually practise their times tables which can accessed on the following websites:
I can’t stress enough how important it is that all children develop a rapid recall of the times table facts including the division facts too. It is important to focus on the ones which they find the most difficult.
- School fund is still being collected, so 50p every week is very much appreciated to go towards trips, resources and new books.
- There is access to water in school at all times. Please ensure that your child has a water bottle in school which is able to be refilled.
If any parents or carers are able to spare any time to come into school and listen to children read, it would be a huge benefit to the class. Please contact Mr Page if you would like to discuss this further.
If there is anything at all you need to speak to us about then please feel free to pop in.
We are looking forward to an exciting and busy year.
Mr Page, Mrs Otter, Mrs Schillaci and Miss Parker