Welcome back everyone! I hope you have had a lovely summer break and are ready for an exciting new year. This letter is to inform you of some of our routines in Year 2 and to let you know some of the topics we will be covering this half term.
- P.E. will be on Wednesdays and Fridays so please ensure that P.E. kits are in school as soon as possible and that all items are clearly labelled. We may be doing PE outdoors and the children will need an outdoor kit which should consist of trainers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms and a tracksuit top or jumper. Earings must be covered or taken out during PE.
- Spellings will be sent out on a Wednesday and will be tested the following Tuesday.
- Reading books will be changed on a daily basis providing that reading diaries have been signed. Children should continue to bring their reading bags everyday as we also read in class.
- Library will be on a Thursday and books should be returned the following Wednesday.
- Please ensure that all of these lovely new uniforms are clearly labelled.
- Learning Logs will be given out on a Friday and are to be returned before Thursday.
If any parents would like to volunteer to help out in class please feel free to let me know as this would be gratefully appreciated. You could read with individuals, work with groups, art and display work or prepare resources-if you have any other skills please let me know!
As always if you have any worries or concerns please call in for a chat. I look forward to another exciting year with your wonderful children.