COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY
Griffin Park Primary School is asking for the support and understanding of our visitors in helping us minimise the risk of COVID-19.
Following the advice from Public Health England and Blackburn with Darwen Council, we are now limiting access to the school site to essential visitors only:
- school staff
- pupils (arranged with school prior to their arrival)
- approved contractors (out of school hours)
- approved professionals
We ask that parents/carers who are dropping or picking up their child(ren), support our efforts to minimise the risk of contact between our families and staff:
- strict staggered start/ finish times
- 2m social distancing markers
- not enter the school building or congregate in groups
All visitors entering the building must:
- have an agreed appointment
- wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds / or sanitiser
- Use face covering
- not enter restricted areas of school and follow instructions from the main office
- always maintain a 2-metre distance from others
- refrain from handshakes and hugs.
We ask our school community to not enter the school site if they:
- are currently presenting flu-like symptoms, a fever (above 37.8C) or a new, continuous cough within the last seven days
- have knowingly been in close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Coronavirus (close contact means living in the same house, contact with their bodily fluids, e.g. being coughed or sneezed on, or being within 2m of the person for more than a few minutes)
- have knowingly been in contact with someone who has travelled from any of the named countries listed in Public Health England advisory information without having undergone the advised action relating to 14 days self-isolation and, if recently symptomatic, they have been screen tested in the UK through NHS111 service and been given a negative result
Visitors may only enter the school building by appointment only, by contacting the school office on 01254 57724 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologise for not being able to give you our usual warm welcome, but we must take the current situation very seriously and look after the welfare of our pupils and staff.
This policy has been shared with staff, governors, parents/carers, contractors and displayed on our school website